Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." ~Coco Chanel

Ahhhhhh.....I really don't even know where to begin.  It has been too long blogg-ahs!!!

You know, let's start with the last two weekends:

Two weekends ago, I ventured to Columbia for the Miss SC work/forum weekend (I am still not sure what they call it now, haha).  Of course, the trip down was with Boo 1 & Boo 2 and PLENTY of stories were shared.  Once in Columbia, we headed to the convention center to meet up with the sweet angels (our pageant girls) and then sat through several Miss SC meetings.  After finishing with the meeting we went and did a little shopping at the marketplace, where some crazy fool bought a beautiful peacock ring right out from under me!!!!  They know who they are and they are going to pay for their actions.  ;)

I digress......Of course, then our girls had the opportunity to film a 60 second "commercial" on why they should be the next Miss SC/SC Teen and I have to give props to them.  They were FANTASTIC!!  I don't mean just good or cute or average....I mean amazing!!  Great Job Girls!!  After finishing with more meetings, we headed to the hotel to check in and grab a snack before dinner that evening.  Well, we went to the hotel restaurant, only to be sadly disappointed.  :(  We decided to jump in the car real quick and see what we could find, I mean, there had to be something near by.....WRONG!!!  We ended up back downtown about a tenth of a mile from the convention center at Longhorns.  haha!!  But that's ok, because we had delicious appetizers and drinkies!! 

So we then head back to the hotel (we stopped at Cupcake first), only to arrive at eh, 5:55!  Whoops!  Of course we were fashionably late to the dinner.  =)  Dinner was fun, but then came the fun part......the lottery for choosing your placement for pageant week!!!!  At the time, this seemed like the most stressful event in the world!  After it was over, we all talked about how it was stressful, yet very exciting!!  Our girls were very fortunate in the fact that they got the placing they wanted.....yay!!! 

After finishing with placement, we head to the room and ordered a pizza.........we did not eat our dinner due to eating right before at Longhorns!  We sat and talked and had a blast until about 1am!  The next morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel, looking like a hoodlum with no make-up, let me tell you and then got on the road back to Gville.

Now.....let me go on a rant for a moment.  You have (or prob not) to be wondering why I chose the Chanel quote for this post, and I will now tell you.........................

I believe that as Miss Local/Miss State/Miss America that you should:

A. Always dress like a lady

and

B. Always act like a lady. 

They don't say "Actions speak louder than words" for nothing.  That's all.  :)

Now for this past weekend....BLESS IT!!!!!!!!!!!  I signed up for this little thing called the Fight for Air Climb Greenville, because for one, I am a board member for the ALA and two, I don't want to be beat down by Boo for not participating in her event!  ;)  However, this is possibly the most insane thing I have ever signed up for.  I climbed 60 flights of stairs in 7 minutes and 21 seconds.  Now, that seems fast to me, because I am weak, but some people did it in 4 minutes!!!!  What?!?!?!  Seriously. 

The first building was 13 stories and was rough!!  I seriously considered quiting and not climbing the second building, but I was NOT going to go home and tell my husband that I did not finish.  This was the first "athletic" event I have ever partook in and did not want to disappoint him!!  I put on my big girl panties and pulled myself up those last few flights.  As hard as it was, I made it through (breathing like a 250 year old person) and was proud of myself.  Yay me.

Sunday was my lazy day, until about 6:00pm, where I headed to one of our College Planning workshops.  This week is jam packed again (that's how I love my life) before heading to Charleston on Friday with my sister to help find her somewhere to live for school next year!!  Yay, free place for Kim to stay in Charleston next year!!!!  haha. 

This Charleston trip will be complete with a stop downtown for some summer fashions. Forever 21 in particular.  I have told you before that I get ill when I go shop and find nothing.....so get yourself together King Street, I'd hate for you to ruin my Saturday. Or shall I say....for me to ruin yours. 


Cheers Blogg-ahs!!!!!  (like my "low country accent" Boo?)

No comments:

Post a Comment