Friday, April 1, 2011

Life The Last TWO Weeks Wrap-Up!!!!!

Oh my blogg-ahh friends!!!  I have missed you!  It has been two weeks since my last post, which is insane.  I promise to never leave you sitting and wondering "what is happening in the life of Kim" for that long ever again!!!  ;)

Oh, where do I begin??  I think I shall begin with the MGM group trip to the Dirty Myrtle!

We left out on Friday, March 18th........I rode down with my two most favorite people and we met up with the rest of the group once in MB.  Now, let ME tell YOU.......I wish I had wrote down all of the funny things said in that car ride down.  You cannot imagine how many times we died laughing!! 

We did not get to the beach until around 9:30pm and then we made a little pit stop for some Mexican and Margaritas!!  Of course, there was more laughter and stories!  After our stop, we headed to the condo and then stayed up talking pageants until about midnight. 

Saturday started with everyone getting up and getting ready around 7am, followed by a trip to Starbucks before we headed to The Foxy Lady dress shop. (a.k.a. A Pageant Girl's Heaven!!!!)  I love trying on clothes and dresses, but every now and then it is fun to have someone else as the model and you just sit back and drink your caramel machiato!  The girls were beautiful in everything!!  I truly mean that! 

Around 1pm we headed to Broadway at the Beach and had Margaritaville for lunch, did some shopping around there, went to some swimsuit shops, then headed to the mall.  After perusing the mall and grabbing another Starbucks coffee (of course), we headed to the outlet shops. 

Side Note:  I say Out-LET as if two different words kind of.  Is that weird??

So, we went around the shops and I was proud (or sad) of myself.....I only spent $16!  And that was on a pair of Calvin Klein pants for the husband that had been $80!  Shout out to my Boo for sending me back to look over their sale items!!!!

After all of this shopping, we headed back to the condo to settle in, but not before we took a ride down the strip.........

Now, there are some interesting characters along the strip in MB!  There are also, a lot of airbrush t-shirt shops and Eagles, etc.  As we are "cruising", I start reading aloud the quotes on these shirts hanging in the windows of these shops.  Some are pretty inappropriate!  Whew!!  However, this is where we had an epiphany...........We HAVE to start making shirts!  You know, like printed t-shirts with sayings on them.  You will all be the first to know when our line comes out.......they're going to be a hit, we just know it!

Sunday morning we all got up and got dressed and then took the girls on the beach to take some pictures.  My lord was it COLD!!!  AHHHHHH!  The wind was blowing like 350 miles per hour!  ;)  Upon taking the pics, we loaded up and headed to G-Vegas! On the way out of MB, we did stop at a Pancake House and eat breakfast.....which was yummy. 

The week of the 21st was busy for me with work, but we did get to spend some time with one of our most favorite couples that Friday!  We hung out and ate yummy paninis, had some wine and played Cranium.  If you have not played Cranium, you need to do so!!!  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!  You try humming the song "Wild Thing" good enough for your partner to guess it.  (Personally I think I had a crappy partner...haha) 

That Saturday, I got up and headed to go to Sparkle City with my Boo!  We, of course, did pageant stuff!  ;) You all may get sick of hearing about pageant stuff, but as I said in an earlier post, it's what I like........I am not going to apologize for it!  :)  Once we finished in Spartanburg, I headed home, only to turn around and head to the mall with my sister.  I was disappointed, because I found nothing I liked, and to tell you the truth, when I go to the mall and don't find anything, I get in a foul mood.  I was irritated, so we headed home and cooked hot dogs and relaxed!!!!

Sunday started with a lazy morning followed by attending a crowning and then home to go coupon shopping!  This has really become mine and my sisters Sunday ritual!! 

AND THEN......THE DAY CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Monday was full of work for me followed by the biggest event in two years in my life.  (two years ago I had a wedding)  PRINCE was at the Bilo Center!!  Yay yay yay!!  Now, if you did not go to this, shame on you.  This was the best concert I have ever been to! 

Let's rewind a few weeks......the tickets for Prince went on sale.  Myself, my sister and a friend decided to go cheap, so we bought the $20 seats.  As long as I could hear him, I was good. 

Fast forward to Monday......We get to the Bilo Center, purchase outrageously expensive t-shirts (but it's Prince, right?!?!) then head to our seats.  On the way to our seats, we notice a lot of people in one of the luxury suites.  We stop and ask the gentlemen "working the door" if it was open to the public.  He then says "yes, it is tonight."  Jackpot!!!!!  So, the 3 of us make our way into the suite to the front, where there are a row of chairs.  I look to my left and there are 3 empty seats!!  Double Jackpot!!  This is where we parked our little booties for the night!  We paid $20 and got better seats than the people that paid $50 and $90!!

The concert in general was amazing!  It was two solid hours of everyone on their feet singing and dancing. No special effects were needed.....Prince is the man. 

Needless to say that was a late, very late night, so Tuesday evening was spent taking a nap, eating dinner, pushing myself through a work out, then catching some much needed zzzzzzzzzzz's. 

Wednesday was my health kick day.  That day during my work break, I went to the Fresh Market on Pleasantburg.  I purchased some healthy juice.....here is a pick:





If you like juice and being healthy, go get some of this stuff!!  It is packed with fruits and vitamins, etc.  So after that purchase, I went home and got the husband to go to Bloom with me.  We got everything healthy!!  Fruits, bocca burgers, whole wheat pasta, etc.  The checkout lady even commented on how everything we bought was healthy.  This made me happy and made me feel as if I had accomplished my "healthy mission" that day.  :)

Thursday was spent not doing much of anything.  During my lunch hour, I went to Walgreens and CVS to get the necessary equipment for this weekend:  fake eyelashes, blush, eye make-up, lipstick, etc.  I was quite proud of my trip considering I got $50 worth of cosmetics for $12 after coupons and still ended up getting $4 in register rewards (can use like cash)!!  Hey-Oh!  I went home, had dinner, worked out, and then posted some more items on ebay for sale.  This, my friends, will be another post.  I am now an ebay-aholic and have sold a ton of old clothes on there!!!!! 

This weekend will be spent, with my favs.....yes, you guessed it, my pageant family!!!  We have the Miss South Carolina forum weekend in Columbia Saturday and Sunday.  I am excited to spend time with everyone! 

This blogg-ah is out for the day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment