Monday, May 9, 2011

"British fashion is self confident and fearless. It refuses to bow to commerce, thus generating a constant flow of new ideas whilst drawing in British heritage." ~Alexander McQueen

Wanna guess what this post is about?? 

If you were one who guessed The Royal Wedding, then BOOM....you are correct!  Many of my closest friends are aware with my obsession infatuation with this event, and if you are one of those who is not aware, then you have been warned.  :)  Oh where do I start?!?!?!  I'll just start from the beginning................

So, the first time I watched the wedding (yes, the first) I woke up at 5:45am since I knew the ceremony began at 6am our time. (Sorry I did not share this with you T!) You know, it is amazing to me that I struggle to get out of bed for work every morning, but this morning I was up and ready to go!!  Anyways, I got downstairs, brewed myself a nice pot of coffee and got under the blanket on my couch ready for the festivities.  Not only was my sister up watching with me, but I was also texting back and forth with a friend.  What's wrong with us.....texting at 5:45am?! 

I missed the arrival of William, but was not too concerned about that.....the one I was waiting for was Kate Catherine!!!!!  And at 5:50am, my eyes became glued to that TV as she climbed into the back of the Rolls Royce Phantom that brought her to Westminster Abbey.  (they say she rode in the car because she wanted to arrive to the church as a commoner and leave as a royal in a carriage) As you can imagine, I was dying to see her dress!!!!!!!  Of course I was...I picked the above quote just because it was Alexander McQueen. 

As I expected, she looked like a dream.........modern, yet very royal. The lace was to die for.  The veil was perfect.  Her hair, fabulous.  The dress was everything and more.  Grace Kelly 2011.  Kudos to Kate and the designers at Alexander McQueen. 

Collective Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

I then saw Pippas dress and thought it was smashing!!  (had to break out the British term)  But really, what a great dress!!! 

One of the best parts of the wedding was how in love they are.  I wanted to cry when William looked over and told her "You look beautiful."  And when she climbed into the carriage and said "I'm so happy!" So Sweet!  They seem like the perfect pair.  

Now for a tangent:

THE HATS, oh my, THE HATS! (or fascinators as the apparently call them.  thanks, lauren)

I need to hold a Hat/Fascinator party, because I became so in love with this tradition of the British!  If only we got to wear outrageous head pieces as these to weddings here in America!!  I DIE!

Here are a few of my favs from the day:

Do we ever doubt her style? No.  

I LOVED this one!!!!

The Worst of the day:

Do these two not remind you of the stepsisters from Cinderella??  Ugh!



Back to the wedding...........

I was just amazed by the entire ceremony.  How in love they were, how happy they were, the beautiful music, the attire of both William and Kate, the decorations of trees inside the Abbey, the architecture of the Abbey, etc.  It was the definition of the ultimate fairy tale wedding.  With that being said, I would like to let everyone know that I am fully aware that there is more to a marriage than the wedding and that weddings are much more than a fairy tale.  I do, however, fully believe that EVERY woman dreams of the ultimate fairy tale wedding and deserves this as well.  No matter what a woman may tell you, deep down inside they wish they could have their very own "Princess Catherine" wedding.

The other day we were discussing the wedding during a round table for pageant interview prep and a good point was brought up.  Catherine Middleton represents that one woman that was born a commoner in London and not only met, but fell in love with and married a Prince.  It seems that we only see this in movies, but she gives a real life meaning to this.....it CAN happen.  :)  I think this is partly why we have become enthralled with this wedding!!

The Kiss........

I have to admit that I left my house early that morning to be sure to make it to the office by 8:25 to witness The Kiss!!  (Thankfully I have an awesome boss that didn't mind us tuning in for a minute or so) How cute was Kate??  The way she said "Wow" when the doors opened was precious!  I mean, can you imagine walking out to all of those people screaming and yelling.....and they all came to see YOU!  Overwhelming!!!

The first kiss was blah....let's be honest.  I was a little disappointed.  But then, they kissed again, this time much better!!!!!  Why did I doubt for a second that they would let me down!  haha!

The cost.........

I am amazed at the cost of the shindig!  Close to $70 Million including security.....whew!!!  But, I think it was worth it......wouldn't you pull out all the stops to become a princess too????

Two things I would have liked to have witnessed:

- Catherine and William dancing/singing to "You're the one that I want" from Grease
- Harry's after party....don't even act like that wasn't a fun time!!

At the end of the day, it was AMAZING and I sure am glad I tuned in.  I also watched it again this Sunday morning as I was clipping my coupons.  I just can't get enough!!!!!!!  I will be blogging a few times this week...so see you soon blogg-ahs!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment