Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Life of Kim

I have been a busy girl these past few weeks and forgot to update my blogg-ahs!!!!  That is just not acceptable........so, sit back and enjoy my friends. 

Since the last time we talked, I had just headed down to Charleston to help my sister find a place to live next year.  We headed down on a Friday afternoon and of course couldn't make it down without the tire pressure light coming on.  We both freaked out, so I called the husband. Surprisingly enough, I know how to put air in a tire, but had no clue as to how much I needed.  He walked me through the process and I have to say I was proud that I handled it like a pro. (there's really not much to it, but whatever, give a girl some credit)  We arrived in Charleston late that night and just hung out until time for bed. 

Saturday morning, we got up and headed off to look at places, but not before I could get my Starbucks fix for the day.  Again, I must remind you that I cannot live without caffeine.  I'm not a happy Kim without it.  The bad part is we were running behind (not good) and my sister can be quite cantankerous at times, therefore I was nice and bought her a lollipop doughnut.  She was happy.  Then we get to the first place......

It was cute and nice, but just not "the place", you know? It had to be just right, kind of like Goldilocks.  Then to the second, which was not good either.  We had some time to kill before headed to the third, so we may a Liberty Tap Room pit stop.  :)  After the pit stop we headed to the third place, which was a TRAIN WRECK!!!!!!  Whew, words cannot describe.  By this point, the sister is getting ill.  We had one last place to look at.............

The last place was the cutest place ever!!!!  Needless to say, she had found the place and is now very happy with her house/apartment hunt!  Now, the hunt for a living space was over, but we had more important things do.  Forever. 21.

We headed downtown (paid $8 for parking) and got to F21.  This is a big store!  I don't want to admit this, because I do not, I repeat, do not, let shopping get the best of me, but this store just about did.  There is stuff everywhere.....shirts, shorts, skirts, rings, earrings, shoes, bras, etc.  And not only is it everywhere, but there is SO MUCH OF IT!!  The good news is that I found my fedora!

We are on our way back when we realize that the sister didn't get to go to Cupcake.  She is obsessed with this place.  They are a bakery that sells over the top cupcakes and boy,  they are good!  So, we turn down a side street to get back on King, because this is something she cannot do without.  King Street is packed, of course, so I tell her to jump out and I will circle around to get her.  During my circling around I saw people heading into a prom (some with hideous dresses) and a bachelorette party who clearly did not know their way around Charleston.  (you DO not go walking past certain points on King Street or you end up in sketchville)  Needless to say, she got her cupcake......all was good in the world.

Sunday morning we got up and headed to Sullivans to eat brunch.  I don't usually brunch, therefore I was torn.  Do I get breakfast?  Do I get lunch?  Help me people!  In the end I decided that I could not go to Sullivans and not have seafood.  Broiled seafood platter it was.  And, it was yummy!!!  I even got to take some banana pudding home!

Side Note:  I have a weird obsession with purchasing t-shirts from places I go, particularly restaurants.  I have some random shirts, and this trip was no exception!  I got me a Sullivans t-shirt!!!  Yay Kim.

That week was full of working and other things, until Thursday, when the husband and I headed to Edisto.  We LOVE Edisto!  I can remember being a child and our parents taking us to Topsail Island Beach and I hated it.  I hated that there was absolutely nothing to do!  However, now that I am getting older wiser, I enjoy a quiet, low key beach.  Our drive down was a good one and we arrived around 5:30pm.  That evening we just sat back and enjoyed not doing a thing!!!

The next morning, we got up, but unfortunately it was raining.  :( I am never one that likes to sit still, so we headed "downtown Edisto" (basically a few shops) with our nephew.  I, of course, was on the search for a t-shirt, but as always, I could not make my mind up on which one.  We grabbed some snow cones, then headed back to the house.  I then enjoyed a nice afternoon of reading and caught a nap!!  That evening we headed to a local restaurant where we had all you can eat oysters.  Dear Heavens Above!!!  I ate until I thought I might A. pass out or B. get sick. 

Saturday was beautiful and sunny and perhaps maybe too sunny!!  We headed to the beach, complete with snacks, chairs and my e-reader. 

Now earlier in the week, the husband and I were in Target purchasing our suntan lotion and I, with my master convincing skills that I possess, talked the husband into us getting the spray on kind.  So now, back to my story........

We get out on the beach and spray each other with the lotion.  I get situated in my chair and begin reading like a champ.  I sat in that chair and did not move from about 11am-2pm.  Oh wasn't that a big mistake on my part!  When I got inside the house, not only did I take note in the fact that I looked like a lobster, but also that the burn was on only 1/2 of my body.  Apparently I was sitting with the sun to my left and since I did not bother to get up and turn, I was 1/2 burnt.  And, ladies and gentlemen, I mean an absolute perfect line down the center of my legs, particularly the left leg.  HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!!!  As you can imagine, I am hitting the tanning bed to even this out.  ;)  I partially blame the spray on sunscreen and I partially blame myself. 

I then was getting board, so I took our neice back to the shops.  She and I went into a store that had the cutest t-shirts!  Jackpot!!!!!  We left with three shirts, which made the trip successful.  Then we headed to the local Piggy Wiggly and got the husband and birthday cake and candles.  I am full believer that one cannot and should not have a birthday without birthday cake.  It's just not right. 

So that evening we partook in some very yummy, yet unhealthy fried oyster/shrimp po boys from a local restaurant.  Ahhhhhhh, so good.   We then got up the next morning and head home. Overall a nice trip away from Greenville.

After a week of shedding skin peeling like a snake, we headed to our sweet T-Bear's house to do some shootin!!  Yeeeee-haw! 

The shootin adventure took place partly because my friend's sister and her boyfriend were in town from up north and she was trying to welcome them to the south in true redneck style and partly because, well, the guys like shooting guns.  (I personally just think it makes them feel macho)  I did, reassure them that we do not shoot guns every Saturday here in the South, I promise.  Anyways, in true southern girl style, I sported my rhinestone sandals......who says shooting can't be fashionable??  (although I didn't shoot at all)  After an afternoon of me catching up with Lar-Lar (I was going to call her "Blue", but didn't want her to de-friend me), which was totally needed considering I had not seen her in about 50 years, we headed to her and K-Poo's house.  (I told you, everyone has a nickname)  We had a fun cookout with everyone, complete with cornhole, where she and I ruled the day for a hot minute and I will still argue that we won.  Of course, later that evening we had an Xbox Kinect dance game dance-off.  There is ALWAYS time for a dance off.  We then started watching the GSP fight, but I fell asleep on the couch.  :( What a fun day it was!!!  I hope that the Northerners enjoyed the South!!!  =)

The next weekend was a fun weekend too!! The husband and I headed to eat with his mom at Blue Ridge Brewery downtown.  This is one of our most favorite places to eat and we were not disappoined this time!!  I had the bbq sandwich, which was delicious!!!!!  After lunch, we headed to some shops then headed back home to watch one of my favorite events of the year.....The Kentucky Derby!  I love the horses, the hats, the dresses, etc.  Going to the derby is a bucketlist item of mine and I can assure you that I will be sporting a hat to die for when I do go!  One thing I did learn this derby was to never pick a horse to win on their name alone.  I picked Comma To The Top (apostrophe, I would guess?) and it finished last.  Ha!  Just my luck!

Well, this post is definitely long enough, so I am calling it a day my dears!!  Until til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment