Monday, January 2, 2012

2012.......Cheers To A New Year!!!

As I sit back and reflect on 2011, I realized a lot of things. 

I realized that change is not always bad.  In the past, I was one who went with change, though I did not totally embrace it. I was always one who envied the people who could live in different parts of the world and dreamed of having the guts to do the same although I knew I would never leave Greenville.....or so I thought.  In August I moved from the place that was home to me since birth!!  SCARY!!!!  I have to admit I cried from the time I pulled out of the driveway until halfway to Columbia, but in the end, this has been one of the best decisions we ever made!  Leaving behind friends and family was the worst, but at the end of the day they are only about an hour and a half away.  :)

Hard work pays off.  Yes, I had realized this in the past, but my new job has reaffirmed this 110 times over.  I have a job that I absolutely love and wouldn't trade for the world, thus I do not mind busting my butt.  Working hard does equal playing hard.

Decorating/Painting a house is FUN!  I said it!!!  I will never forget the days of my parents taking my sister and I to Home Depot and Lowes and us being in sheer misery, but those days are far, far behind me.  I love going to these places and they love taking my money.  ;)

Hosting a holiday is wonderful.  This year, we hosted Thanksgiving and I could not have been more excited!!!!  I looked forward to waking up early and cooking and having family to our house.  Believe it or not, my cooking was very good and that even included my homemade pies! 

Clemson Football can win!!  This was a great season for the Tigers and after being a fan since being able to walk, nothing could have made me happier.  ACC Champs baby!!!!


There are many more things I have realized this year, but these are just the beginning!!  I have made some New Year's Promises (not resolutions).  I will share these later this week, as I have some work to do!!  It feels so good to blog again!

Cheers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment